Started as our attempt to keep friends and family updated on our remodelling project. Revisited in Oct 2013 to be a spot for thoughts about transitions in life.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Where am I

I don't belong anywhere. The Explorer is nearly packed. I don't belong here in Peoria. I'm packed and ready to go. I need to get to Indy. I don't belong in Peoria - said goodbyes to the Rhodell brewing friends weeks ago. I don't belong in Gfield. I'm in a hotel. Nobody belongs in a hotel room. Can't justify a suite but even then, that's not a place to belong. I don't belong at Elanco. I'm still a stranger in a strange place. Friendly enough but I don't know what I'm doing there. Shit, they can't even get my Elanco computer up. And my HGS one won't connect. I don't belong at H1. I said goodbye a week ago. No goodbye party. No promotion party. Some tears and quiet conversation and lots of hugs. A week ago. Thursday I was back but I was truly visiting. Nobody touched my desk. Now they had better. I don't belong at Greenfield Village. I have a three month lease. I may as well pay it all up front. I'm taking folding chairs and a card table. How temporary is that. Not even electricity for a few days (which makes a hotel attractive). I'm without a place.

No comments:

Go By Bike Challenge

About Me

If you've found this spot then you already know me or you have way too much time on your curious hands.

counter